Thursday 13 September 2012

With rain overnight and a low of 8.5c I wasn't expecting too much this morning and there were 28 moths of 13 species with Large Yellow Underwings and Flounced Rustics accounting for 15 of the 28. However, I was very pleased to get my 1st ever Red Underwing after nearly 13 years of trapping in this garden. I know they're fairly common but not in my garden! I've just got to Photoshop the plastic box out of the picture. The L-Album Wainscot was also new for the year. I then had a good day at Dungeness today with good views of the Pectoral Sandpiper & my 1st ever Great Crested Newt.

Red Underwing

 Red Underwing

Pectoral Sandpiper

 L-Album Wainscot

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pete,
    Clearly you had better views of the Pec Sand than I did today. I also must have missed you as well. I got to the Firth hide about 11.00am and left about 12.30 and all that time it was on one of the islands to the far side. I understand that it posed closer around 3.30pm ! Sorry I missed you or did I ?

    ReplyDelete